Sunday, June 24, 2012

Reflection on Me as a Writer

Reflection on Me as a Writer

            I’m halfway between a good cry and a rage fest.  This is how I’ve felt all week, but it wasn’t until just yesterday that it solidified into something recognizable.  I’d been out the entire week dashing between work and family responsibilities.  I wish I could say I accomplished all that I wanted to this week, but the only way I could even think about doing something like that is to completely shut myself away for a month so I can work on my novel and feel truly accomplished in all that I do.  I’m discovering slowly but surely that I have an upward battle to fight and I’m losing rather quickly to outside forces and the biggest one of all: absolute exhaustion after every day’s end.
            To put it shortly, I’m frustrated with my circumstances and can’t stand that there’s nothing I can do to control it.  I just want to let go of everything and distance myself from all the stress.  On Saturday, I didn’t want to come home after work; I didn’t want to be surrounded by noise, inquiries and entreaties for my time.  I just honestly wanted to be alone, outside, enjoying the fresh air and quiet breeze.  It was the most amount of peace I felt in one sitting and I wish I could have it more often. 
            But enough about my internal and external woes, here are two pictures of my main character Naomi Boudreaux from my work-in-progress novel As Fate Would Have it:





     I used Sims 3 to create her and this is about the only accomplishment I managed this week.  Perhaps as I writer I need to work at a slower pace, which will mean pushing back my intended start day to further along in July.

Does she look realistic? Please let me know in the comment's box below.

Thanks, as always for your support.
Marlena

1 comment:

  1. I think she looks very realistic. :)

    Sorry you had a rough week. :(

    ReplyDelete