Saturday, May 26, 2012

Writer's Corner


Writer’s Corner

            According to Writing Fiction for Dummies, the key component to creating a powerful emotional experience for our audience is to make effective use of conflict.  To do this means to introduce some form of struggle or change within your protagonist’s life.  But we must remember as writer’s that this struggle must engage the imaginations of our readers, so that we continue to entertain them throughout our novel.  In summary, conflict is a key ingredient to making a story interesting and ties into the emotional experience we can invoke for our readers.

            Keep these questions in mind when exploring conflict in your own stories/novels:
1)      What emotions does this conflict inflict on my protagonist?
2)      How will my readers respond to the turmoil my protagonist is experiencing throughout my story/novel?
3)      In what ways can I make the conflict my protagonist faces more dynamic?

2 comments:

  1. The key to keeping the pages turning is to keep the tension high. Conflict is a key ingredient of that, but there is more to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, so true and I'm learning that more and more each day. Thanks for the comment and sorry for the late reply. I was hoping I could just respond to it via email, but that didn't quite work out. lol ;)

      Delete